Join the PROVAIL Team!
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, professional team that makes a difference in people's lives? Consider a rewarding career at PROVAIL that:
- Provides people with disabilities the support they need to live independently
- Helps people with disabilities find and maintain meaningful employment
- Helps people with disabilities access quality, affordable clinical services and assistive technologies that lead to healthy, independent lives
- Helps people with disabilities get connected to activities, people and resources in the neighborhood or community in which they live
- Advocates for equal rights and choices for people with disabilities
If you want to work in a fast-paced environment with a friendly culture while making a significant contribution to our mission, then apply today! Read through our current position openings to learn more about our competitive pay and benefits packages and how to apply.
Please direct any inquiries or resumes to email@example.com.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TRANSITION SPECIALIST - SCHOOL TO WORK
Support student with disabilities to transition from school to work!
Creative and passionate about employment for all?
Driven by collaboration and high-quality services?
Outcome oriented and a strong communicator?
TRANSITION SPECIALISTS partner with local school districts and the business community to create customized employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. Transition Specialists discover the unique strengths, interests and preferences of students, negotiate a good job match and then provide on-boarding support and training to learn the new job and meet future career goals.
If you want to work in an innovative, supportive environment while promoting social change in our community, then apply today. We offer: extensive paid training, outcome bonuses, strong teams, cloud based technology, health insurance, up to 32 paid days off per year, retirement savings plan, Section 125 health care and dependent care plans.
Believe that everyone can work and has the right to fulfill their life choices.
BA/BS in business, social work, education, or other related field preferred; two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities in a community setting may be substituted.
At least one year experience as an Employment Consultant or similar role with job development expertise.
Must be able to successfully pass a Background Check.
Possess a current Washington State Drivers License with an acceptable driving record; and own a licensed, dependable, legal vehicle with automobile insurance coverage.
Please send a letter of interest and resume with "Transition Specialist" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
PROVAIL is a recognized leader in the Greater Seattle Area, providing employment, housing, and clinical services to children and adults with disabilities. We provide the highest quality of service and are continually adapting to meet the needs of the community.
PROVAIL is currently looking for a full-time Employment Consultant to support individuals with developmental disabilities in obtaining employment in their community. The Employment Consultant position involves partnering with the local business community in Greater Seattle to create customized job opportunities, and providing direct support for individuals to meet their career goals.
If you want to work in an innovative, friendly environment while making a significant contribution to the community, then apply today! Visit us at www.provail.org to learn more. We offer: extensive paid training, health insurance, up to 32 paid days off per year, retirement savings plan, Section 125 health care and dependent care plans
- Conducts job specific vocational assessments with customers as appropriate to determine individual learning styles, skills, and job preferences, and develops an individualized plan of service.
- Carries out job development activities, including but not limited to: networking, marketing, identification of potential placement opportunities, touring of companies, identification of business decision makers, building and maintaining business relationships, and securing positions for customers as guided by vocational profile and individual action plans.
- Performs job and task analyses, and job coaching/community supports.
- Following placement, assists customers in the development and implementation of an individual plan of support.
- Supports employers by providing education, and routinely monitors and addresses employer concerns.
- Maintains records of actions and outcomes, employer contacts, and billable time.
- Maintains communication with customer, family, coworkers, home staff, funding agency(ies), and all other people significant to the customer.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in related field or commensurate experience.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities in a community setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, customers and their families and/or home staff, employers, funding sources, and the community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior listening skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must have a current and valid Washington driver’s license and good driving record, own vehicle, and maintain insurance acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply by emailing their resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OVERNIGHT NURSE (COMMUNITY LIVING PROGRAM)
PROVAIL, a multi-service agency dedicated to empowering people with disabilities to live life according to their own choices, is looking for a Certified LPN with experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to work overnights in one of our houses where clients live in the community. Hours are 11 pm - 7 am.
Day-to-day activities include but are not limited to:
- Completing direct observation, treatment, and oversight for medically fragile clients
- Conferring with care team as needed
- Relaying recommendations for treatment to staff, and determining level of care needed to appropriately address client health concerns
The job also includes on-call responsibilities with other households, in the form of fielding calls from other staff regarding client emergent or urgent care needs, and being able to provide recommendations back to staff on how to resolve issues. Candidate must have at least 1 year experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, the ability to think and act quickly, the ability to make independent judgments, the ability to respond to phone calls and help triage care needs with minimal information, and must be able to work well with individuals of a variety of skill levels.
Pay starts at $20/hour, or $41,600/year, with benefits, position is FT 40 hours/week.
Please send your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Overnight LPN” in the subject of your email.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested in working with the medical field and gaining more professional work experience?
PROVAIL, a leader in the field of supported services for children and adults with disabilities, is seeking a Clinic Intern in our Therapy and Assistive Technology Clinic in North Seattle. The Clinic provides Occupational & Speech Therapy services along with innovative technology-based solutions to help children and adults with disabilities maximize their abilities and independence.
If you are highly organized, a quick learner and enjoy helping others this is the perfect internship opportunity for you. You’ll gain relevant administrative skills and learn the operations of running a clinic.
- Digitizing medical records
- Data entry into Raintree, an electronic medical records software
- Taking on receptionist duties, such as scheduling appointments and appropriate phone etiquette
- Managing the monthly appointment calendar
- Assisting Intake Coordinators with other relevant tasks
Requirements & Commitment:
- Minimum 3 months of internship
- 20 hours per week
- Current student interested in a career in the medical field or working with people with disabilities
- Must be highly organized; able to handle a variety of tasks
- Ability to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and maintain flexibility in a continuously evolving environment
- Friendly, team-oriented, welcoming, personable and caring with a professional attitude
- Knowledge and skills regarding all general office equipment including computers, telephones and fax
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Clinic Intern” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so please submit early.
No calls please.
DEVELOPMENT & FUNDRAISING INTERN
Looking to join the field of non-profit fundraising? Look no further!
PROVAIL, a leader in the field of supported services for children and adults with disabilities, is seeking a team of Fundraising and Special Events Interns.
If you're a resourceful individual, with an eye for innovation and creativity, who is excited by a challenge and wants to use your internship opportunity to enhance your talents, take risks, and learn the ins and outs of fundraising: this is the perfect internship opportunity for you. You'll gain invaluable project management, special events planning, and marketing experience.
This internship is also an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the non-profit sector and develop knowledge and skills that are highly valued in the current non-profit career marketplace. You will work closely with PROVAIL's Development Team and have the opportunity to learn about any aspect of our work.
The internship involves several elements of Special Event Management and Fundraising, with a focus on:
- Supporting special events implementation
- Distribution of promotional and marketing materials
- Other duties may also include mass mailing preparations, social media management, and other projects as assigned
- Position will report to PROVAIL's Annual Campaign Manager
- Has exceptional speaking, persuading, selling and visioning skills; Ability to speak and write in a compelling way about the organization's funding and programmatic goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Is professional and resourceful, with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects simultaneously with a great attention to detail
- Is detail oriented; incredibly organized; has good time management skills
- Is familiar with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Is current undergraduate or graduate student in Marketing, Communications, Business and Nonprofit management, or a related field
- Is interested in development and/or non-profit work
- Is proactive about learning new skills
- Is excited by the idea of taking a project and running with it!
Ideal internship length is 2-3 months with a commitment of 10-15 hours per week. One day per week will be scheduled as a team meeting day, while other hours will be flexible. Must be available occasional evenings. Travel reimbursements will be provided for pre-approved situations. If applicable, experience can be used for credit in internship course. Depending on performance, the internship may be extended. Must have reliable personal transportation and a personal laptop available for use.
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
REQUIREMENTS & COMMITMENT:
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hours per week
Please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Fundraising Intern" in the subject. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so please submit early.
No calls please.