Join the PROVAIL Team!
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, professional team that makes a difference in people's lives? Consider a rewarding career at PROVAIL that:
- Provides people with disabilities the support they need to live independently
- Helps people with disabilities find and maintain meaningful employment
- Helps people with disabilities access quality, affordable clinical services and assistive technologies that lead to healthy, independent lives
- Helps people with disabilities get connected to activities, people and resources in the neighborhood or community in which they live
- Advocates for equal rights and choices for people with disabilities
If you want to work in a fast-paced environment with a friendly culture while making a significant contribution to our mission, then apply today! Read through our current position openings to learn more about our competitive pay and benefits packages and how to apply.
Please direct any inquiries or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
PROVAIL seeks an experienced Director of Development to manage and expand the successful fundraising program for one of the state’s largest nonprofits supporting children and adults with disabilities.
The Director will lead the Development team and coordinate with the Nominating/Development Committee of the Board. The Director reports to the President & CEO and is a member of PROVAIL’s senior management team.The Director manages a 4 person development staff including a Grants Manager, Annual Giving Manager, Events Coordinator and Development Assistant.
We have a strong fundraising program that raises over $800,000 per year from events, direct mail, online donations and grants. Our program has evolved over the past 5 years with major changes to our special events to emphasize donor relationship building and stewardship. We have seen strong retention and steady growth of corporate giving associated with our biggest event. We believe we have significant growth potential for individual giving especially in the area of major gifts and strong opportunities for increased foundation support. We have also seen strong growth in grant funding since adding a full-time Grants Manager to the team in 2015.
Our goal is to capitalize on our excellent program outcomes, strong community relationships and very positive reputation to increase fundraising to over $1 million per year. This new funding will help us launch key strategic initiatives that will increase our scale and impact.
This is the perfect opportunity for a strategic fundraiser with a strong track record of growth who can effectively lead a motivated and enthusiastic development team.
Specific responsibilities include:
The Director will oversee all unrestricted campaigns, restricted campaigns in support of programs, special events, and direct mail. The development of a multi-year fundraising plan and successful major gifts program will be specific areas of focus.
The Director will also oversee marketing and communications efforts that complement fundraising efforts, build awareness of PROVAIL’s brand and support program development. S/he will oversee all external communications, including print materials, PROVAIL’s website and social media platforms.
PROVAIL’s CEO and Board of Directors are actively engaged in fundraising efforts and the Director is responsible for fostering that engagement and helping it grow. S/he will work closely with the Board’s Development Committee and the CEO on development of a fundraising plan that facilitates board member engagement.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years non-profit fundraising & supervisory experience. S/he should bring a track record of fundraising success along with development and fostering of a fundraising plan.
The ideal candidate will have the following specific qualifications:
- Broad development background with experience in events, annual giving, major gifts, grants, and corporate giving.
- Experienced development team leader who can also build strong cross-department relationships with program Directors.
- Outstanding communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to plan independently, develop budgets, and apply both creative and strategic thinking to complex problems.
- Ability to manage multiple areas of activity simultaneously and to coach staff to high performance.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary dependent on qualifications. PROVAIL offers an excellent benefits package including health care with dependent coverage, 403(b) retirement plan and generous paid time off allowances.
Applicants are requested to e-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com include “Director of Development” in the subject line.
Performs complex accounting tasks and analysis requiring accounting experience, education and knowledge for the Accountant II position. This position is primarily responsible for: general ledger, journal entries, accounts payable, reconciliations, financial reporting, and other duties as assigned. The Accountant II will ensure effective and efficient accounting systems, operations and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Participate in the monthly general ledger closing process through preparation and posting of journal entries, reconciliations, account analysis and accruals into the accounting system.
- Prepare monthly reports and provide analysis related to general ledger accounts. Review outstanding check register, follow up on outstanding checks.
- Perform the daily banking activities of the agency including deposits, transfers, and debt servicing.
- Maintain proper tax documentation (W-9) on all vendors and prepare and mail 1099 Forms.
- Assist in preparing monthly/annual financial reporting and reports.
- May reconcile credit card statements with proper supporting documents, approvals, coding and enter to accounting system for payment.
- Maintain and reconcile liability, payable, and cash related accounts.
- Provide backup support to other accounting positions as when necessary.
- Maintain good attendance, be punctual and work a full scheduled shift.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit and tax return, with an emphasis on cash and general ledger reporting and reconciliation.
- Ensure the organization's compliance with statutory, regulatory, and/or other financial requirements and that generally accepted accounting principles are applied.
- May perform back up to Accounts Payable cycle including receiving invoices, verifying supporting documentation, approvals and coding, then entering invoices to financial system, printing and mailing approved checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or a minimum of two years of general ledger or Staff Accountant to Senior Accountant experience.
- Two years minimum experience in electronic accounting systems (preferably Dynamics GP).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels within the organization and with external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and Great Plains accounting software.
- Ability to work under stress in a fast-paced and changing environment.
email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Accountant II/III' in subject line.
Employment type: Full-time or Part-time
PROVAIL is looking for an experienced, energetic Occupational Therapist with clinical expertise in power wheelchair and assistive technology assessments for our North Seattle Clinic. As a member of the Clinic team, you will be an integral part in reaching our goal for all children with disabilities to have the mobility tools necessary to succeed. This position encourages you to expand your expertise by working collaboratively with the Seattle technology and education sectors as well as disability-rights organizations. Our staff serve as professional presenters and mentors in their areas of expertise.
Performs occupational therapy evaluations and develops treatment plans with established short- and long-term goals to meet the individual needs of clients. Provides direct therapy to clients per evaluation and plan of care established.
Performs reassessments and goal modification as needed, within guidelines established by the funding source.
Develops protocols and procedures for occupational therapy services consistent with Evidence Based Practices.
Maintains and submits complete and accurate documentation, evaluation reports, and other relevant information, in a timely manner.
Performs duties necessary to obtain funding and reimbursement for equipment and services. Submits documentation (e.g., letters of justification) for funding sources and for procurement of durable medical equipment, in a timely manner.
Manages caseload to effectively utilize clinic resources, meeting client needs and delivering services in a timely manner.
Maintains working knowledge and expertise in Assistive Technology and positioning.
Provides functional supervision to therapy assistants and interns in the implementation of treatment plans.
Actively participates in program development for best practices.
Maintains current Occupational Therapy License with the State of Washington. Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge of orthopedics and treatment related to complex disabling conditions.
Must be innovative, able to work independently, and function as a team in a highly demanding environment.
Must be able to meet the occupational demands of lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, and squatting with clients who cannot bear their own weight.
Understanding of Medicare and other funding source guidelines and documentation for skilled 1:1 therapy.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. and perform physical demands of lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, and squatting.
This position requires knowledge of the active treatment process as it relates to people of cerebral palsy, autism, and other disabilities. Ability to relate and be sensitive to the needs of individuals with disabilities. Ability to be innovative and extremely time management oriented. Requires individual to be a team player with a desire to learn. Ability to work well under pressure. Ability to teach.
Please send a letter of interest to email@example.com detailing why your qualifications are a match for this position along with your resume and include “Occupational Therapist Position” in the subject line.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
SUPPORT AND INSTRUCTIONAL STAFF
General Function: Provides support and assistance to clients in all of their activities of daily living so that they can be fully included members of their community. This position has a variety of locations.
- Provides physical support and assistance to clients in their daily living activities, which include personal care, showers, grooming, transfers and re-positioning. Prepares healthful meals, per client’s wishes, including clients to their level of ability. Maintains a clean living environment by completing regular household chores including laundry, mopping, dishes, bathroom cleaning, wheelchair cleaning, etc. Reports environmental hazards and issues promptly.
·As a Registered Nursing Assistant, takes direction from the Registered Delegating Nurse (RND) to complete delegated tasks as instructed, attends 90 day nursing delegation reviews, and reports any and all health concerns to Nursing staff as directed.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation in accordance with department guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, health notes, incident reports, communication logs, medication administration records, goal notes, activity tracking sheets, ledgers, and financial tracking.
· Assists and supports clients to be active members of their communities by making transportation arrangements, assisting with planning activities, supporting clients to participate in activities, accompanying clients to activities, encouraging integration and participation, assisting with research, and being proactive about community activities.
· Ensures that the client is treated as a valued member of their home and community by maintaining professional boundaries, being patient, speaking respectfully to clients and their families, being considerate of the client’s feelings and needs, and being actively engaging with the client at all times.
· As a Mandatory Reporter, promptly reports concerns about client abuse, neglect, or mistreatment in a prompt and appropriate manner.
· Attends regular monthly meetings and other company-sponsored training, as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have current NAR or NAC certification
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Ability to read and comprehend training material, policies and procedures, client programs and other written materials related to effective work performance.
- Must be able to safely perform client transfers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers, management health care staff and others, as required, both orally and in writing.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Background Check
- Must be able to perform frequent lifting up to 50 pounds
Visit our office to pick up an application or request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Direct Support Professional (Caregiver)" in the subject of your email.
TRANSITION SPECIALIST - SCHOOL TO WORK
Support student with disabilities to transition from school to work!
Creative and passionate about employment for all?
Driven by collaboration and high-quality services?
Outcome oriented and a strong communicator?
TRANSITION SPECIALISTS partner with local school districts and the business community to create customized employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities. Transition Specialists discover the unique strengths, interests and preferences of students, negotiate a good job match and then provide on-boarding support and training to learn the new job and meet future career goals.
If you want to work in an innovative, supportive environment while promoting social change in our community, then apply today. We offer: extensive paid training, outcome bonuses, strong teams, cloud based technology, health insurance, up to 32 paid days off per year, retirement savings plan, Section 125 health care and dependent care plans.
Believe that everyone can work and has the right to fulfill their life choices.
BA/BS in business, social work, education, or other related field preferred; two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities in a community setting may be substituted.
At least one year experience as an Employment Consultant or similar role with job development expertise.
Must be able to successfully pass a Background Check.
Possess a current Washington State Drivers License with an acceptable driving record; and own a licensed, dependable, legal vehicle with automobile insurance coverage.
Please send a letter of interest and resume with "Transition Specialist" in the subject line to email@example.com. PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
PROVAIL is a recognized leader in the Greater Seattle Area, providing employment, housing, and clinical services to children and adults with disabilities. We provide the highest quality of service and are continually adapting to meet the needs of the community.
PROVAIL is currently looking for a full-time Employment Consultant to support individuals with developmental disabilities in obtaining employment in their community. The Employment Consultant position involves partnering with the local business community in Greater Seattle to create customized job opportunities, and providing direct support for individuals to meet their career goals.
If you want to work in an innovative, friendly environment while making a significant contribution to the community, then apply today! Visit us at www.provail.org to learn more. We offer: extensive paid training, health insurance, up to 32 paid days off per year, retirement savings plan, Section 125 health care and dependent care plans
- Conducts job specific vocational assessments with customers as appropriate to determine individual learning styles, skills, and job preferences, and develops an individualized plan of service.
- Carries out job development activities, including but not limited to: networking, marketing, identification of potential placement opportunities, touring of companies, identification of business decision makers, building and maintaining business relationships, and securing positions for customers as guided by vocational profile and individual action plans.
- Performs job and task analyses, and job coaching/community supports.
- Following placement, assists customers in the development and implementation of an individual plan of support.
- Supports employers by providing education, and routinely monitors and addresses employer concerns.
- Maintains records of actions and outcomes, employer contacts, and billable time.
- Maintains communication with customer, family, coworkers, home staff, funding agency(ies), and all other people significant to the customer.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in related field or commensurate experience.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities in a community setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, customers and their families and/or home staff, employers, funding sources, and the community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior listening skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must have a current and valid Washington driver’s license and good driving record, own vehicle, and maintain insurance acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply by emailing their resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OVERNIGHT NURSE (COMMUNITY LIVING PROGRAM)
PROVAIL, a multi-service agency dedicated to empowering people with disabilities to live life according to their own choices, is looking for a Certified LPN with experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to work overnights in one of our houses where clients live in the community. Hours are 11 pm - 7 am.
Day-to-day activities include but are not limited to:
- Completing direct observation, treatment, and oversight for medically fragile clients
- Conferring with care team as needed
- Relaying recommendations for treatment to staff, and determining level of care needed to appropriately address client health concerns
The job also includes on-call responsibilities with other households, in the form of fielding calls from other staff regarding client emergent or urgent care needs, and being able to provide recommendations back to staff on how to resolve issues. Candidate must have at least 1 year experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, the ability to think and act quickly, the ability to make independent judgments, the ability to respond to phone calls and help triage care needs with minimal information, and must be able to work well with individuals of a variety of skill levels.
Pay starts at $20/hour, or $41,600/year, with benefits, position is FT 40 hours/week.
Please send your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com and include “Overnight LPN” in the subject of your email.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested in working with the medical field and gaining more professional work experience?
PROVAIL, a leader in the field of supported services for children and adults with disabilities, is seeking a Clinic Intern in our Therapy and Assistive Technology Clinic in North Seattle. The Clinic provides Occupational & Speech Therapy services along with innovative technology-based solutions to help children and adults with disabilities maximize their abilities and independence.
If you are highly organized, a quick learner and enjoy helping others this is the perfect internship opportunity for you. You’ll gain relevant administrative skills and learn the operations of running a clinic.
- Digitizing medical records
- Data entry into Raintree, an electronic medical records software
- Taking on receptionist duties, such as scheduling appointments and appropriate phone etiquette
- Managing the monthly appointment calendar
- Assisting Intake Coordinators with other relevant tasks
Requirements & Commitment:
- Minimum 3 months of internship
- 20 hours per week
- Current student interested in a career in the medical field or working with people with disabilities
- Must be highly organized; able to handle a variety of tasks
- Ability to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and maintain flexibility in a continuously evolving environment
- Friendly, team-oriented, welcoming, personable and caring with a professional attitude
- Knowledge and skills regarding all general office equipment including computers, telephones and fax
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Clinic Intern” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so please submit early.
No calls please.
DEVELOPMENT & FUNDRAISING INTERN
Looking to join the field of non-profit fundraising? Look no further!
PROVAIL, a leader in the field of supported services for children and adults with disabilities, is seeking a team of Fundraising and Special Events Interns.
If you're a resourceful individual, with an eye for innovation and creativity, who is excited by a challenge and wants to use your internship opportunity to enhance your talents, take risks, and learn the ins and outs of fundraising: this is the perfect internship opportunity for you. You'll gain invaluable project management, special events planning, and marketing experience.
This internship is also an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the non-profit sector and develop knowledge and skills that are highly valued in the current non-profit career marketplace. You will work closely with PROVAIL's Development Team and have the opportunity to learn about any aspect of our work.
The internship involves several elements of Special Event Management and Fundraising, with a focus on:
- Supporting special events implementation
- Distribution of promotional and marketing materials
- Other duties may also include mass mailing preparations, social media management, and other projects as assigned
- Position will report to PROVAIL's Annual Campaign Manager
- Has exceptional speaking, persuading, selling and visioning skills; Ability to speak and write in a compelling way about the organization's funding and programmatic goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Is professional and resourceful, with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects simultaneously with a great attention to detail
- Is detail oriented; incredibly organized; has good time management skills
- Is familiar with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Is current undergraduate or graduate student in Marketing, Communications, Business and Nonprofit management, or a related field
- Is interested in development and/or non-profit work
- Is proactive about learning new skills
- Is excited by the idea of taking a project and running with it!
Ideal internship length is 2-3 months with a commitment of 10-15 hours per week. One day per week will be scheduled as a team meeting day, while other hours will be flexible. Must be available occasional evenings. Travel reimbursements will be provided for pre-approved situations. If applicable, experience can be used for credit in internship course. Depending on performance, the internship may be extended. Must have reliable personal transportation and a personal laptop available for use.
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
REQUIREMENTS & COMMITMENT:
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hours per week
Please submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Fundraising Intern" in the subject. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis so please submit early.
No calls please.